Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Open Thread: Where do you work best?

As I pen pound out this post, I am sitting inside a Starbucks coffee shop. If you haven't ever heard of "The Starbucks," it is an over-priced, semi-uppity coffee shop which boasts of it's large volumes of customers despite the excessive roasting their coffee beans must endure. In a nutshell, it is exactly what a coffee shop shouldn't be.

Sorry for the side-note, I just wanted to make sure you had an accurate vision of the place.

As I sit here, I remember back to my days in school when I would go sit in the dim back corner (the way it should be) of the local coffee house and people-watch in between intense focus sessions of studying. Yep, those were the days when I used to ace tests and actually work ahead on my homework.

Yes, I was a nerd. But more than that, I was an effective nerd. In that coffee shop, I got my best work done. Today I try my best to get back to that quaint atmosphere, but it seems like the best I can do is some sort of faux-mock-up of what once used to be. I long for the days of the local coffee shops and cranking out work with more emphasis and enthusiasm than ever before...or after for that matter.

So let me ask you, where do you work best? Where do you go when you need to be creatively stimulated? Share your stories below in the comment section. I would love to hear where your best ideas come from.

~Sal

Prolific Studios
Creativity. Defined.

On another, completely irrelevant side note, I actually hate to say it, but the sweetened, iced black tea is really almost sorta good.

No comments:

Post a Comment